Never cooked with quinoa before? Now's your chance! This roast vegetable and quinoa salad is packed full of healthy goodness and is easy to make.
Did you know? Quinoa is actually pronounced "keen-wah"!
Roast Vegetable and Quinoa Salad:
- 2 baby fennel, quartered
- 1 large zucchini, halved, thinly sliced
- 1 medium red onion, cut into thin wedges
- 1 yellow capsicum, cut into 3cm pieces
- 250g cherry tomatoes
- 2 garlic cloves, thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 cup quinoa, rinsed
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 150g baby spinach
- 1/4 cup red wine vinegar
- Preheat oven to 200C/180C fan-forced. Lightly grease a large baking tray. Place fennel, zucchini, onion, capsicum, tomatoes and garlic on prepared tray. Drizzle with oil. Toss to combine.
- Roast for 20 to 25 minutes or until vegetables are tender. Remove from oven.
- Meanwhile, bring 2 cups cold water to the boil in a saucepan over high heat. Add quinoa and cumin. Reduce heat to low. Simmer, covered, for 10 to 12 minutes or until water has been absorbed and quinoa is tender.
- Place quinoa in a large bowl. Add roasted vegetable mixture and spinach. Toss gently to combine. Drizzle salad with vinegar. Season with salt and pepper. Toss gently to combine. Serve.