Attendant Support Worker
$ 28.60 per hour
- Join the team at Australia’s leading leisure facilities
- Do you have a passion for the Aquatics and Leisure industry
- Do you strive to deliver excellent customer service?
The City of Monash is one of Melbourne’s most populous municipalities and is close to the demographic centre of Melbourne, lying 20kms south east of the CBD in Melbourne’s fastest growing population corridor.
We are looking for casual Attendant Support Workers to provide assistance directly to MARC-abilities program service users including personal care tasks and mobility/transfers when entering/exiting our centres and its facilities. Active Monash runs three leading leisure facilities with the City of Monash, Monash Aquatic and Recreation Centre, Clayton Aquatics and Health Club and Oakleigh Recreation Centre. The facilities and services provided at our Centres include Gymnasium, Group Exercise, Personal Training, Swimming pools, Learn to Swim, Stadium, Crèche and many more.
Your main responsibilities will include;
- Assist in providing practical attendant support to MARC-abilities ASI service users in accordance with individual’s ASI service user profiles.
- To provide assistance with personal care tasks including showering, grooming and dressing.
- To provide assistance with mobility/transfers when entering/exiting the Centre and its facilities in accordance with the individual’s ASI service user profile.
- Ensure that policies and procedures are adhered to at all times to ensure a high level of service delivery.
- Maintain the professional image of MARC and its programs, creating a safe, informative, friendly, and customer-focused environment.
- Support all MARC-abilities programs when required, providing attendant support assistance across the entire Centre.
- To participate in training and development activities as required
You will have:
- Certificate III (Community Care, Disability, Aged Care or other related fields) or equivalent
- Demonstrated ability to perform Attendant Support tasks of the position description
- Demonstrated ability in the delivery of inclusive recreation programs, preferably in the area of Aquatics and Programming
- Well-developed problem-solving abilities and communication skills
- Demonstrated ability to work both within a team and autonomously
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively with staff, service users, carer and families
- Level 2 First Aid and Updated CPR
- Well-developed time management and supervision skills.
For more information please read the Position Description
Applications may be submitted via email or posted to Service & Administration, Monash Aquatic and Recreation Centre, PO Box 5062, Mt. Waverley, 3149.