50m Pool Routine Maintenance
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS -
When will the works occur?
A number of the works are part of routine maintenance schedule and we have used the opportunity to complete other required works at the same time. The works will commence on Monday 23 September 2019 and are due to be completed by Sunday 3 November 2019.
What areas are affected?
There will be no access to the 50m pool or outside areas during the works.
What do the works involve?
Several routine maintenance tasks have been coordinated to occur at the same time. These include:
- Drain pool
- Removal of old filter sand
- Replacement of filter sand
- Pool shell surface painting
- Broken tiles replacement and repairs
- Concourse repairs
- Shade Sail repairs / replacement
- Refill pool
- Treat pool
- Heat pool
Why are these works occurring during spring and not during winter?
Some of the works are weather dependant, including the painting of the pool. Scheduling these works during winter would’ve likely meant closure longer than the current proposed 6 weeks.
Can Monash Aquatic & Recreation Centre open for longer operating hours during the works?
Yes, we have proposed opening the centre for extended times during the period of the works.This includes opening 30 min earlier and closing 30min later Monday to Friday, and opening 1 hour earlier on a Saturday.
Hours will be as follows:
- Monday to Friday 5.30am - 9.30pm
- Saturday 7am – 7pm
- Sunday 8am – 7pm (no change to Sunday)
Can the 50m pool at Oakleigh Recreation Centre be opened earlier than 1 November 2019?
The Oakleigh Recreation Centre is closed for redevelopment. This means the building is currently a construction site and there is limited parking at the facility due to construction fencing. The reception area is due to be completed by 1 November 2019 ready for the regular Summer season.
I’m a Monash Aquatic & Recreation Centre member, what are my options?
We hope that members can continue to enjoy the benefits of the other great facilities available. Here are a couple of options:
- Continue to use the other services including the 25m indoor pool. There is also a great 25m indoor pool at Clayton Aquatics & Health Club for those that this centre is convenient.
- See reception on your next visit to book a time with a Gym Instructor to set up or review your gym program.
- Speak to a staff member about our group fitness classes options as an alternative to swimming.
- If you primarily use the 50m pool and decide not to continue with the other services you can suspend your membership for the period of the works at no cost.
We have partnered with Aqualink Nunawading to allow members and multi-visit pass holders access to their pool facilities during the closure. Registration required, please reception for more details.
If you feel particularly disadvantaged by the 50m pool closure please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org including your full contact information and one of our staff members will be in contact to work through suitable options.
Can my Aquatics MVP be extended?
Aquatic MVP’s can be extended by completing MVP extension request form for period of works. An MVP extension request will need to be completed at reception, alternatively email email@example.com
What about Squads?
Sessions will be relocated in to the 25m pool with adjustments to other lane allocations. Communication will be sent out to parents of children in our squad program.
Will Lap Swim Club be running during the works?
The Lap Swim Club sessions will be cancelled during the period of works from Monday 23 September 2019 and are due to be completed by Sunday 3 November 2019.
Communication has been sent to any private bookings that were impacted by the scheduled works.